Re: [802SEC] +++ ECM (early close) +++ IEEE Std 802.3bz-2016 2.5/5GBASE-T publication press release

Approve

On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 9:24 AM, Law, David <dlaw@hpe.com> wrote:
Dear EC members,

I would like to now proceed to the EC electronic ballot on the attached updated draft IEEE Std 802.3bz-2016 2.5/5GBASE-T publication press release I circulated earlier today. I've also attached the diff to the draft I originally circulated, my thanks to those that provided comments.

Paul has delegated the conduct of the EC electronic ballot on the following motion to me. To ensure this release is issued as soon as practical I'm announcing the possibility of an 'early close' to this ballot (see below).

Best regards,
   David

Motion
======

The EC supports the IEEE Std 802.3bz-2016 2.5/5GBASE-T publication press release, to be issued with editorial changes as deemed necessary.

Move:   David Law
Second: John D'Ambrosia

Start of ballot: Friday 7th October 2016
Close of ballot: Sunday 16th October 2016, 11:59PM AOE

Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2 'Voting rules' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter. Sufficient responses to clearly decide this matter will be based on the required majority for a motion under subclause 7.1.1 'Actions requiring approval by a majority vote' item (h), 'Other motions brought to the floor by members (when deemed in order by the Sponsor Chair)' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Policies and Procedures.

This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector.  This list is maintained by Listserv.