From: owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org [mailto:owner-stds-802-sec@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Roger Marks
Sent: Friday, October 7, 2016 9:13 PM
To: SEC STDS-802-SEC <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: [802SEC] +++ ECM (early close) +++ draft liaison to 3GPP PCG

Dear EC Members,

At the EC telecon of 4 October, we discussed at length a possible liaison statement to 3GPP related to coordination on 5G and IMT-2020. It was agreed that a few interested participants would prepare a draft for EC ballot.

On 6 October, Adrian convened a telecon (attendance: Adrian Stephens, Dorothy Stanley, Roger Marks, Joseph Levy, Paul Nikolich, Jon Rosdahl, Max Riegel; Glenn Parsons had limited access) that updated a draft. This was subsequently circulated among the group for comments and a few editing rounds.

At this point, Paul would like to proceed to an EC approval ballot based on the draft, which I have posted as ec-16-0157-00-00E:
    <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/16/ec-16-0157-00-00EC-liaison-to-3gpp-pcg-draft.docx>

Paul has delegated the conduct of the EC electronic ballot to me. Details are below. We are seeking an early close so that Paul can get the statement delivered in advance of the upcoming 3GPP PCG meeting. We appreciate your timely response.

Thanks,

Roger

=====

Motion: The IEEE 802 EC approves ec-16-0157-00-00E as an IEEE 802 LMSC communication per IEEE 802 Operations Manual, subclause 8.1.1, subject to editorial revision by the Chair.
Moved: Roger Marks
Second: Adrian Stephens

Start of ballot: 7 October 2016
Close of ballot: 17 October 2016 AOE

Early close: Per subclause 4.1.2 of the IEEE 802 Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the statement is delivered in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide the matter.