---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: IEEE President <president@ieee.org>

Dear Colleagues,

Thanks to everyone who has reached out to us regarding the recent executive order on immigration in the United States.  We as an organization agree that this is a significant and urgent matter.

I want to assure you that we are currently reviewing information and potential impact to IEEE from this complex situation.  A statement is forthcoming that reinforces IEEE’s principles.

There may be an immediate desire to send independent statements regarding the executive order to your constituents, understandably.  However, at this time, I respectfully ask that you please refrain until we issue an IEEE statement so that we can be unified in our messaging on this important topic.

Please share this within your organizations.  If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, they can be sent to president@ieee.org. Thank you for your cooperation and assistance.

Best regards,
Karen

Karen Bartleson