Good points. Accordingly, I've revised (in the attachment) my editorials in the footnote because 5.1.3 says it needs to use "the exact sentence".

Regards,

Roger

On Feb 1, 2017, 4:20 AM -0700, Law, David <dlaw@hpe.com>, wrote:
Hi Roger,

I understand that the requirement to copy the Secretary of the IEEE-SA Standards Board and IEEE-SA BOG comes from subclause 5.1.3 'Statements to external bodies' of the IEEE-SA Standards Board Operations Manual <http://standards.ieee.org/develop/policies/opman/sect5.html#5.1.3>. This states that 'Upon issuance of all such public statements, electronic copies shall be sent to the Secretary of the IEEE-SA Standards Board and to the Secretary of the IEEE-SA BOG.'.

As an aside I note that the first paragraph of Clause 7 'Position statements for standards' of the IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual states that 'All external communications shall comply with subclause 5.1.4 of the IEEE-SA Standards Board Operations Manual'.

Subclause 5.1.4 of the IEEE-SA Standards Board Operations Manual is 'Standards publicity' and relates to press releases and other forms of publicity such as articles. This doesn't seem to relate to Clause 7 of the IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual which relates to the procedure for coordination with other standards bodies and government bodies.

I therefore wonder if the reference to subclause 5.1.4 of the IEEE-SA Standards Board Operations Manual should instead be to 5.1.3 'Statements to external bodies'.

Best regards,
David

-----

From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Roger Marks
Sent: 01 February 2017 04:46
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Liaison Template

John,

It looks good. I've attached a few comments.

I'm not sure whether you expect this template to cover both 7.1.1 and 7.2.1 statements. The former don't need to be copied to IEEE-SA Standards Board Secretary, at least per the OM. Does such a requirement exist elsewhere? Could we reserve that for 7.2.1?

Regards,

Roger