From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** [mailto:STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org] On Behalf Of Kennedy, Rich
Sent: 22 May 2017 18:22
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] +++10 day ECM+++ ITU-R Contribution on Light Communications

Dear EC Members:

It appears that I neglected to add this phrase: With this e-mail, I'd like to announce the start of the ballot.

Dear EC Members:

Last week at the IEEE 802 Wireless Interim in Daejeon, we approved a contribution to ITU-R towards a PRELIMINARY Draft New Report ITU-R SM.[Visible-Light]. It was created by Nikola Serafimovski, and edited (in great detail) by Roger Marks.

This needs to be voted by the EC and transmitted by May 30th. Please review. I would like to start the ballot this week.

Paul has delegated the conduct of the EC electronic ballot on the following motion to me.

MOTION: To approve, under the "Procedure for communication with government bodies," the release to ITU-R Working Party 1A of the content of the draft contribution in <https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/17/18-17-0075-00.docx> and <https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/17/18-17-0076-02.docx>

I am the mover, and Roger Marks has offered to second.

Documents:

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/17/18-17-0075-00-0000-proposed-contribution-to-itu-r-wp-1a-comment-on-working-document-towards-a-preliminary-draft-new-report-itu-r-sm-visible-light.docx

https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/17/18-17-0076-02-0000-proposed-revision-of-itu-r-wp-1a-comment-on-working-document-towards-a-preliminary-draft-new-report-itu-r-sm-visible-light.docx

Thank you.

Rich Kennedy

Director, Global Spectrum Strategy

Image removed by sender. HPE logo

Board Director, Dynamic Spectrum Alliance

Chair, IEEE 802.18 Radio Regulatory Technical Advisory Group

Chair Emeritus, IEEE 802.11af WLAN in TVWS

Chair, Wi-Fi Alliance Spectrum & Regulatory Task Group

rich.kennedy@hpe.com

(737) 202-7014