Re: [802SEC] a best practices guide on the affiliation disclosure requirements

Hello all,

I object to this language:  "if they are influencing what positions you take on issues (e.g., if continued work is probably dependent on taking an agreeable position, then you are being influenced by that affiliate)."

We have an obligation to be independent.  Declaring an affiliation does not remove that obligation.
An affiliation may influence your judgement inasmuch as it exposes you to facts that alter your judgement
(e.g. about the value of some feature in some market).  However,  the language cited could be read as condoning
an instruction to take a position.   It should be clarified.
Best Regards,

Adrian Stephens
IEEE 802.11 Working Group Chair
mailto: adrian.p.stephens@ieee.org