Re: [802SEC] Closing Treasurer Report

I have posted an updated treasurer report:

https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/17/ec-17-0216-01-00EC 2017-11-10 Treasurer Report.pdf

Notes to the report:
Slide 4:  The estimate of the deficit for this week's meeting is now slightly larger (more negative), but not by much.  The amount does not worry me; it's doing what we wanted it to do for now.

Slide 6: Yes, the two reserve values are decreasing, but at a rate that I am comfortable with this year.  We wanted to decrease the overall reserves.

Slide 12: This slide is showing the estimated change in reserves for 2018, given the estimates for the three sessions in the previous slides.  Note that the NNA (Non-North American) reserve is essentially flat, while the NA (North American) reserves decrease somewhat.  The flat NNA reserve, if it actually pans out that way, shows that our idea for having the meeting fee the same for all three sessions, adding to the NNA reserve from the NA sessions, and then having that NNA reserve help pay for the NNA session is working.  I like this slide; I as treasurer could live with results like this year in and year out.

Slide 13 and slide 15:  Vancouver and Waikoloa are our most expensive NA venues: Vancouver because we are using two venues, and Waikoloa because it is Hawaii and we provide lunch.  It would be nice in the future if we did not have both in the same year again.

Slide 14: Wow.  Much wow.  $450,000 deficit.  For Vienna, we have to pay $285,000 for the venue, more than usual for the networking, more than usual for shipping, and also supply lunch.  Plus, Vienna is an expensive place anyway.

Slide 17:  Vienna wipes out our NNA reserve; we will be negative there after 2019.  The one positive is that we did have quite a bit in the NNA reserve going in, so it is not as bad as it could be.  The NA/General reserve, on the other hand, will be down almost to the lowest point in the last 10 years.  This does worry me a bit; again, it would be nice to have at least one cheap NA session per year.