|Thread Links||Date Links|
|Thread Prev||Thread Next||Thread Index||Date Prev||Date Next||Date Index|
The Nominations and Appointments Committee (N&A) of the IEEE-SA Board of Governors is soliciting the names of candidates to serve on the 2019 IEEE-SA Standards Board (SASB) and its Standing Committees.
The IEEE-SA Standards Board is responsible for:
a) Encouraging and coordinating the development of IEEE standards.
b) Reviewing all proposed IEEE standards to determine whether the proposed standards conform to the requirements established by the IEEE-SA Standards Board and whether consensus has been achieved for approval of the proposed standards.
If you would like to be considered for the 2019 IEEE-SA Standards Board/Committees, please note the following rules that apply to any potential candidate, and forward a completed Candidate Form (see attachment) to Dave Ringle [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Please reply by 1 June 2018.
The slate of candidates will be forwarded to the IEEE-SA Board of Governors Nominations and Appointments Committee (N&A) for its review later in the year, with a final decision to be made in December.
Rules for IEEE-SA Standards Board membership:
1. The time commitment is three in-person meetings (and at least one teleconference) in 2019 plus appropriate preparation time. The IEEE-SA Standards Board series covers three days. The Standing Committees of the Board (New Standards Committee, Standards Review Committee, Procedures Committee, Patent Committee, Audit Committee, and Industry Connections Committee) meet the first two days of the series and the Standards Board meets the final day.
As an example, the 2018 calendar is located at http://standards.ieee.org/about/sasb/2018calendar.pdf.
The SASB meetings are denoted by yellow highlight.
The 2019 calendar has not yet been finalized.
Attendance is expected at all meetings. If appointed to the SASB, you will also participate on at least one Standing Committee as well. This would incur another 1 or 2 days of meetings prior to the Standards Board meeting.
2. This is a non-funded position. You (or your employer) are expected to fund your travel.
3. You must have an email address, web access, and a laptop computer to bring to the meeting.
4. Standards Board members shall be of Member or higher grade of the IEEE and also be a member of the IEEE Standards Association.
5. Standing Committee members shall be members of the IEEE Standards Association.
We look forward to your participation in 2019.
Bruce Kraemer, Chair
IEEE-SA Board of Governors Nominations and Appointments Committee
To unsubscribe from the STDS-BOARD-COMM list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-BOARD-COMM&A=1
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-SEC list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-SEC&A=1
Description: MS-Word document