Re: [802SEC] +++ 10-day ECM ? Early Close +++ IEEE SA participation in TSN/A Conference

Hi John

approve

Bob

At 03:18 PM 9/21/2018 +0000, John Messenger wrote:

Dear EC members,

Based on the following ePoll taken by IEEE 802.1, I would like to seek EC support for this activity.

802.1 electronic motion: ?Approve IEEE 802.1 to be a Lead Exhibitor at the TSN/A Conference 2018 providing booth space is made available. The event is scheduled to occur on September 26-27, 2018 in Stuttgart, Germany.? Passed 49/0/1.

After discussion with IEEE staff, as last year, IEEE SA has decided to be listed as the lead exhibitor instead of 802.1.  As a result, IEEE 802.1 won?t be taking direct responsibility for participation.  Nevertheless, as IEEE SA is participating based on a request from the 802.1 chair, I would like to seek EC support for this activity.

Paul has delegated the conduct of the EC electronic ballot on the following motion to me. To obtain support as soon as practical I'm announcing the possibility of an 'early close' to this ballot (see below).

Regards,

                -- John

Motion

======

The EC supports IEEE SA participation in the TSN/A Conference 2018.

Move:   John Messenger

Second: David Law

Start of ballot: Friday 21st September 2018

Close of ballot: Monday 1st October 2018, 11:59PM AOE

Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2 'Voting rules' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter. Sufficient responses to clearly decide this matter will be based on the required majority for a motion under subclause 7.1.1 'Actions requiring approval by a majority vote' item (h), 'Other motions brought to the floor by members (when deemed in order by the Sponsor Chair)' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Policies and Procedures.

--

John Messenger

Director, Global Standards

ADVA Optical Networking Ltd

ADVAntage Houe, Tribune Way, York YO30 4TN, UK

Bob Heile, Ph.D

Director of Standards, Wi-SUN Alliance
Chair, IEEE 802.15 Working Group on Wireless Specialty Networks
Chair IEEE 2030.5 Working Group for Smart Energy Profile 2
Co-Chair IEEE P2030 Task Force 3 on Smartgrid Communications

11 Robert Toner Blvd, Suite 5-301
North Attleboro, MA  02763   USA
Mobile: +1-781-929-4832
email:   bheile@ieee.org