Re: [802SEC] IEEE website changes - check your website links

It is important that the URLs for governing documents are maintained without change or interruption.  These documents must be available where we say they are so that they can be relied upon by 802 participants and the general public.  IEEE SA should be expected to understand the importance of this continuity and take steps not to disrupt this for operational reasons, because there might be serious consequences otherwise.  Relying on volunteer effort to fix things afterwards might not be seen as sufficient.  There are ways to make the old links work when migrating content to new systems.

Note that our approved policy and procedure documents contain references to some of these URLs.  For example, the IEEE 802 LMSC Chair's Guidelines and EC Policy Decisions, v27 contains links to the PatCom slide set which no longer work.

      -- John

From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@ieee.org> on behalf of "Stanley, Dorothy" <dorothy.stanley@HPE.COM>
Date: Monday, 24 September 2018 at 19:09
To: "STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG" <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: Re: [802SEC] IEEE website changes - check your website links

Thanks Yve.

About 10 days ago an 802.11 member pointed out the changes to me – that the 802.11  website links to some important areas such as the patent policy were broken, so I fixed them then.

Will double check against your list so that we provide your recommended links.

Dorothy

Dorothy Stanley

Hewlett Packard Enterprise

dorothy.stanley@hpe.com