Re: [802SEC] LeaderCon Action Item for 802.24 - network integration

All,

My apologies that I was unable to be heard on the call yesterday.

To follow up on the action item on "network integration" from Leadercon, based on my recollection of the discussion:

The action came from the LeaderCon presentation slide 8. It presents a potential value in the IEEE 802 architecture related to the relative ease of integrating the set of IEEE 802 technologies into the network infrastructure of private enterprise, industry, and the individual user.
This is in contrast to standards that provide features and services oriented towards the requirements of commercial networks and service providers, but could add cost and complexity when they are not needed.

This topic will be on the agenda for 802.24 in November. We have further discussion and develop  a clearer definition of this aspect of network integration in the context of IEEE 802 standards. We will consider whether a brief white paper on the topic would be beneficial.  Your input, thoughts, and participation is requested,

Thanks,
Tim.

Tim Godfrey
tim.godfrey@ieee.org