From: James P. K. Gilb <Gilb_IEEE@yahoo.com>
Sent: 17 July 2019 16:26
To: John Messenger <jmessenger@advaoptical.com>; STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ EC Consent Agenda items - 802.1 +++

External email: [Gilb_IEEE@yahoo.com]

John

A few questions:
P802.1X-Rev-D1.4 to Standards Association Ballot - Is D1.4, the revision we are forwarding the last version balloted?

P802.1Qcx
  - Why is there a recirculation ballot?
  - Ballot resolution will be by the TSN TG, does the 802.1 WG intend to empower a comment resolution group (CRG) to make decisions to resolve comments from the recirculation?

P802.1AS-Rev
  - Same question regarding CRG.
  - Two of the unsatisfied comments were rejected with: "The commenter does not point outn any errors in the draft.  The suggested changes run a significant risk of introducing errors in test that has been reviewed by the committee."

There is no requirement that a comment point out an error in the draft.
A comment can be any requested change to the draft, including changes to improve it.  The commenter states "wouldn't this be better", clearly indicating that the comment is to improve the draft and implementation.

There is a detailed suggested remedy, for which the committee has not taken exception, so I would be led to believe that it is adequate to make a change.

It appears that it is the committee that "did not point out any errors"
in the proposed remedy, but rather they state, without additional justification, that there is a "significant risk of introducing errors"

Thanks for providing the documents early for review.

James Gilb
  -