[802SEC] 802.22 Mission Accomplished: IEEE Std. 802.22-2019 approved at the IEEE SASB Meeting

Dear EC Members,

The IEEE Std. 802.22-2019 was approved this morning at the IEEE SASB Meeting.

With this final task completed and IEEE 802.22.3 transitioned to the 802.15 Working Group, the 802.22 Working Group will be taking a strategic pause to see how the market evolves and whether 802.22 devices can proliferate the market space. So we will be going into hibernation until a need arises for us to revive the group.

This has been an interesting journey ever since I took over as the Chair of this Group in 2010.
We have been able to get a lot done (6 Standards Completed) and along the way, we also received some awards - IEEE SA Emerging Technology Award in 2011.

I would also like to acknowledge all the contributions that have been made by numerous participants of the 802.22 WG (especially several EC Members) over all these years. Thanks to all the previous Chairs who started the group and carried the mantle.

I will be making changes to website to reflect the Working Group Status as Hibernating.

As I indicated at the meeting in Vienna, it has been a pleasure to serve on the Executive Committee along with all of you.

My special thanks to the IEEE SA Staff, Paul Nikolich, Geoff Thompson and Bob Heile. Specifically Bob has been a mentor and a father figure to me.

Looking forward to being a part of this eco-system and continuing to make contributions.

Cheers
Apurva