From: "Law, David" <dlaw@hpe.com>
To: "Paul Nikolich <p.nikolich@ieee.org>" <p.nikolich@ieee.org>
Cc: "Adam Healey <adam.healey@broadcom.com>" <adam.healey@broadcom.com>; "John D'Ambrosia <jdambrosia@ieee.org>" <jdambrosia@ieee.org>
Sent: 9/14/2019 12:53:17 PM
Subject: Approval to submit IEEE P802.3cn/D3.1 50 Gb/s, 200 Gb/s, and 400 Gb/s over greater than 10 km of SMF to RevCom

Hi Paul,

The last paragraph of Clause 12 'Procedure for Conditional Approval to Forward a Draft Standard' of the IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual reads 'Submittals may be forwarded to RevCom without Sponsor Approval or Conditional Approval in order to meet the submittal requirements for the next RevCom meeting, provided that the Sponsor Chair first notifies the Sponsor email reflector that, in the Chair's view based on the complete RevCom package, there is a reasonable expectation that the submittal will be approved by the Sponsor before the RevCom meeting. If it becomes apparent that approval will not be completed, the submittal shall be withdrawn from the RevCom agenda as early as possible.'.

Based on this provision I am requesting your approval as the Standards Committee Chair to submit IEEE P802.3cn/D3.1 50 Gb/s, 200 Gb/s, and 400 Gb/s over greater than 10 km of SMF to RevCom in time for the November 2019 RevCom meeting submittal deadline of 17th September 2019. The IEEE P802.3cn 1st Standards Association recirculation ballot closed on 5th September 2019 with 98% approval and two comments received. The ballot results are detailed below, and the full submittal package is attached.

The comment report for the IEEE P802.3cn 1st Standards Association recirculation ballot can be accessed at <http://ieee802.org/3/cn/comments/P802d3cn_D3p1_comments_final_ID.pdf>. The first commented note a missing comma, this comment will be passed on to the IEEE-SA publications editor for consideration. The second comment noted that the draft met all editorial requirements. There is one unsatisfied disapprove comment on the draft that can be accessed at < http://ieee802.org/3/cn/comments/P802d3cn_D3p0_D3p1_unsatisfied.pdf>.

As a result we will not be conducting another recirculation ballot.

If you do approve the submittal based on the criteria defined in Clause 12 please can you send an email to the IEEE EC reflector as required by this provision.

Thanks and best regards,
David

-----

IEEE P802.3cn/D3.1 ballot results