From: Roger Marks <r.b.marks@ieee.org>
Date: Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 9:31 PM
Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ 10-day EC Motion+++ Approval of an ex parte to FCC on theUWB Petition for Rule Making
To: M Jay Holcomb <jholcomb@ieee.org>, SEC STDS-802-SEC <stds-802-sec@listserv.ieee.org>
Approve, with comments as attached.

Cheers,

Roger
On Oct 10, 2019, 8:25 AM -0600, M Jay Holcomb <jholcomb@ieee.org>, wrote:

Dear LMSC Members,

With this email I would like to announce the start of an LMSC(EC) ballot on an ex parte response to the FCC on the UWB petition for Rule Making from Robert Bosch LLC.  It is in essence reply comments, though past the very short due date, why an ex parte.

Paul has delegated to me to conduct a LMSC(EC) 10-day electronic ballot on the motion below to approve the ex parte and send to the FCC.  This EC motion is per IEEE 802 OM 7.2.1 Procedure, P&P 7.1 b) (majority response) and P&P 7.1.2 (2/3 approval of votes cast) for communication with government bodies and public statements.  With that we would like to see everyone respond.

• Motion:  Move to approve the ex parte in mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/19/18-19-0119-02-0000-draft-reply-comments-to-uwb-petition.docx response to comments to FCC’s public notice RM-11844 on a UWB Petition for Rule Making. With the chair of 802.18 to have editorial privileges and send to the LMSC(EC) for review/approval and submission to the FCC before 24 October 2019.

Approved in the RR-TAG:  9 / 0 / 0

Mover:       Jay Holcomb
Seconder:    Bob Heile

Start of ballot: 10 October 2019
Close of ballot: 20 October 2019

Reference documents:
The Bosch LLC UWB Petition for Rule Making:
https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/19/18-19-0079-00-0000-bosch-petition-for-rulemaking-uwb-devices-and-systems.pdf

The FCC proceeding site:

www.fcc.gov/ecfs/search/filings?proceedings_name=RM-11844&sort=date_disseminated,DESC  (cg rm-11844)

Note: the RR_TAG actually approved r01, though it still had the markups.  the chair took his editorial privilege and made a clean r02 for the LMSC(EC) to vote on.

Regards,
Jay Holcomb
Liberty Lake (Spokane), WA
Itron, Inc.
IEEE 802.18 Chair

To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-SEC list, click the following link: listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-SEC&A=1

Jay Holcomb
IEEE 802.18
Itron, Liberty Lake (Spokane), WA