Re: [802SEC] +++ 10-day ECM – Early Close +++ Pushing Ethernet Standards Further and Faster Beyond Standards blog

David

I vote Approve.

James Gilb

On 11/26/19 10:47 PM, Law, David wrote:
Dear IEEE 802 EC members,

I would now like to proceed to the IEEE 802 EC electronic ballot on the 'Pushing Ethernet Standards Further and Faster' draft Beyond Standards blog. I circulated D4.0 on 23rd October 2019 and received comments from Roger (thank you) which I incorporated in to the draft. Subsequently the IEEE-SA PR team provided me further updates to that edited draft. Based on this please find draft D5.0 available at <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/19/ec-19-0208-00-00EC-ieee-802-3-november-2019-draft-beyond-standards-blog.pdf>, a compare draft to show the changes made from D4.0 to D5.0 is attached for your reference.

Paul has delegated the conduct of the EC electronic ballot on the following motion to me. To ensure this blog is published as soon as practical I'm announcing the possibility of an 'early close' to this ballot (see below).

Thanks and best regards,
    David

Motion
======

The EC supports the 'Pushing Ethernet Standards Further and Faster' draft Beyond Standards blog available at <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/19/ec-19-0208-00-00EC-ieee-802-3-november-2019-draft-beyond-standards-blog.pdf>, to be published with editorial changes as deemed necessary.

Move:   David Law
Second: John D'Ambrosia

Start of ballot: Wednesday 27th November 2019
Close of ballot: Saturday 7th December 2019, 23h59 AOE

Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2 'Voting rules' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter. Sufficient responses to clearly decide this matter will be based on the required majority for a motion under subclause 7.1.1 'Actions requiring approval by a majority vote' item (h), 'Other motions brought to the floor by members (when deemed in order by the Sponsor Chair)' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Policies and Procedures.