Re: [802SEC] Another oddity with MyProject

Hi Ben,

Based on two recirculation ballots that closed over the past weekend, it appears that during (at least) the last 11 hours of a ballot, the 'Ballot Stage' and 'Status' of the project will indicate that the ballot is open, yet any attempt to submit a vote or a comment results in an error message that says the ballot is closed.

As an example, the IEEE P802.3ch Standards Association first recirculation ballot was due to close 14th February 2020, and it has been my understanding that this means 14th February 2020 23:59 UTC-12 (15th February 2020 11h59 GMT). This seems to be confirmed by the 'Ballot Stage' and 'Status' of the project which read 'Recirculation 1' and 'Open' respectively as of 14th February 2020 at 20h25 UTC-12 (15th February 2020 08h25 GMT), see below.

cid:image001.jpg@01D5E3DA.948668F0

An attempt to change my vote or submit a comment resulted in an error message that says the ballot is closed, see below.

cid:image005.jpg@01D5E3DA.948668F0

In respect to requirement of the IEEE-SA Standards Association Operations Manual, subclause 5.4.3.1 'Ballot term' reads 'Each ballot in the standards balloting process shall close at 23:59 UTC-12 on the closing date specified on the ballot.'. I believe that 23:59 UTC-12 is 06:59 (6:59am) UTC-5 (EST). If the voting and comment entry is blocked at 19:00 (7:00pm) UTC-5 (EST) that would only be 12:00 (12 noon) UTC-12, which would be 11 hours 59 minutes too early.

I reported this to IEEE-SA Solutions support on the morning of Saturday 15th February 2020.

Best regards,

  David

-----