From: Geoff Thompson [mailto:thompson@ieee.org]
Sent: 17 February 2020 16:40
To: Law, David <dlaw@hpe.com>
Cc: Geoff Thompson <thompson@ieee.org>; Adam Healey <adam.healey@broadcom.com> <adam.healey@broadcom.com>; Curtis Knittle <c.knittle@cablelabs.com> <c.knittle@cablelabs.com>; Glen Kramer <glen.kramer@broadcom.com>; Marek Hajduczenia <mxhajduczenia@gmail.com> <mxhajduczenia@gmail.com>; Steven B. Carlson <scarlson@hspdesign.com>; STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: Comment on IEEE P8023.ca

David-

My belief is that this "feature" of the new myProject has the potential to effectively disenfranchise members of the balloting group from effectively participating in voting on changes to the draft during recirculation cycles.
I believe that this is fundamentally unfair.
I believe that this does not conform to the SA P&P

I dearly hope that:
	- the SA puts fixing this one at the top of their priority list
	- that 802 passes a resolution giving WG Chairs authorization to work around this bug for their ballots.

I am happy to draft such a resolution but will be unable to move it at the EC.
Are you willing to be the mover?

Best regards,

	Geoff