|Thread Links||Date Links|
|Thread Prev||Thread Next||Thread Index||Date Prev||Date Next||Date Index|
The Nominations and Appointments Committee (N&A) of the IEEE
SA Board of Governors is soliciting the names of candidates to serve on the
2021 IEEE SA Standards Board (SASB) and its Standing Committees.
The IEEE SA Standards Board is responsible for:
a) Encouraging and coordinating the development of IEEE standards.
b) Reviewing all proposed IEEE standards to determine whether the proposed standards conform to the requirements established by the IEEE SA Standards Board and whether consensus has been achieved for approval of the proposed standards.
If you would like to be considered for a one-year term for the 2021 IEEE SA Standards Board/Committees, please note the following rules that apply to any potential candidate, and forward a completed Candidate Form (see attachment) to Dave Ringle [email@example.com].
Please reply by 01 June 2020.
The slate of candidates will be forwarded to the IEEE SA Board of Governors Nominations and Appointments Committee (N&A) for its review later in the year, with a final decision to be made in December.
Rules for IEEE SA Standards Board membership:
1. The time commitment is three in-person meetings and at least one teleconference in 2021 plus appropriate preparation time. Please note the in-person meetings are located globally across different regions.
The IEEE SA Standards Board series covers three days. The Standing Committees of the Board (New Standards Committee, Standards Review Committee, Procedures Committee, Patent Committee, Audit Committee, and Industry Connections Committee) meet the first two days of the series and the Standards Board meets the final day.
As an example, the 2020 calendar is located at https://standards.ieee.org/content/dam/ieee-standards/standards/web/governance/sasb/2020calendar.pdf.
The SASB meeting series are denoted by yellow highlight.
The 2021 calendar has not yet been finalized.
Attendance is expected at all meetings If appointed to the SASB, you will also participate on at least one Standing Committee as well. This would incur another 1 or 2 days of meetings prior to the Standards Board meeting.
2. This is a non-funded position. You (or your employer) are expected to fund your travel.
3. You must have an email address, web access, and a laptop computer to bring to the meetings.
4. Each Standards Board member shall be of Member or higher grade of the IEEE and also shall be an individual member of the IEEE Standards Association.
5. Standing Committee members shall be individual members of the IEEE Standards Association.
We look forward to your participation in 2021.
Jim Matthews, Chair
IEEE SA Board of Governors Nominations and Appointments Committee
To unsubscribe from the STDS-BOARD-COMM list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-BOARD-COMM&A=1
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-SEC list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-SEC&A=1
Description: MS-Word document