[802SEC] Proposed revision to the IEEE 802 LMSC P&P

All

I am proposing the following revision to the IEEE 802 LMSC P&P to be submitted to AudCom and SASB for approval. The goal is to allow us to change the OM and WG P&P by electronic ballot with 30 day notice (I had hoped to get this approved in March, but alas, we could not hold the plenary).

Proposal: Add a new clause, 11, at the end of the IEEE 802 LMSC P&P with the following contents:
------------------------
11.0 Revision of Standards Committee Inferior Rules

Revisions to IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual and IEEE 802 LMSC Working Group Policies and Procedures shall be submitted by an IEEE 802 LMSC member to the IEEE 802 LMSC no less than 30 days in advance of a motion (or conclusion of an electronic ballot) to approve the proposed revision. Amendments in response to comments on the proposed amendment are permitted. Insufficient time to consider complex amendments is a valid reason to vote disapprove. A motion to revise either document shall require a vote of approve by at least two thirds of all voting members of the LMSC. If approved, the revisions become effective at the end of the meeting where the votes were taken or at the conclusion of the electronic ballot in which they were approved.

Some comments:
- Members of the Standards Committee, i.e., LMSC members are the members of what we used to call the Executive Committee. - 30 day notice in our current P&P is prior to the motion or conclusion of an electronic ballot. - We use the word "revision" instead of amendment for the proposed changes.

I will ask the Standards Committee Chair to hold any electronic ballot to approve this beginning April 20 and ending April 30 (30 days after this proposed revision).

In the mean time, we can consider amendments to this proposal so that by April 19, we have text that can achieve the 2/3 approval.

For reference, in the current LMSC P&P states:

10.0 Revision of Sponsor P&P

Revisions to these P&P shall be submitted to the Sponsor no less than 30 days in advance of a motion (or conclusion of an electronic ballot) to approve them. Amendments in response to comments on the P&P are permitted. Insufficient time to consider complex amendments is a valid reason to vote disapprove. A motion to revise the Sponsor P&P shall require a vote of approve by at least two thirds of all voting members of the Sponsor.