From: "Dave Ringle" <d.ringle@ieee.org>
To: "sa-bog" <sa-bog@ieee.org>; sa-cag@ieee.org; "stds-board-comm" <stds-board-comm@ieee.org>
Cc: "Kelly Lorne" <k.lorne@ieee.org>; "Matt Ceglia" <m.j.ceglia@ieee.org>
Sent: 4/2/2020 8:58:28 AM
Subject: Message from the IEEE SA Managing Director RE: IEEE SA Senior Directors

Dear Colleagues:

As you know, two of my senior leadership team members are retiring on 5 June 2020; namely Karen Kenney, Senior Director Business Operations & Finance, and Sam Sciacca, Senior Director Standards Development and Delivery. Karen and Sam have been proactively supporting me in the recruitment efforts and we were able to conclude without delays. I am thus pleased to announce that I have two very qualified persons to fill those upcoming vacancies.

Senior Director Business Operations & Finance

Effective 27 April, Kelly Lorne will join us as Senior Director, Business Operations & Finance for the Standards Association.

Kelly will bring to IEEE SA over 25 years of IEEE finance-related managerial experience covering many areas. In her current role as a Senior Director in the Business Finance Solutions team she has supported many OUs in the IEEE, namely IT, HR, SA, Legal & Compliance, Facilities, CFO and Special Projects.

Kelly is a results-oriented finance professional with a distinguished career as a key advisor, analyst, and strategic resource, providing executive support and direction for financial matters. She has a noted track record of excellence and innovation in finance, administration, budgeting, financial reporting, and compliance; she has managed staff, project teams and processes, supporting our organization, with oversight of finance, treasury, banking, balance sheet analysis, accounts payable, accounts receivable, budgeting, reporting and systems integrations using Oracle, NetSuite & Hyperion. She has been partnering with consultants and executive leadership in the development of financial, operational, and strategic plans and programs along with the implementation of new systems to achieve goals.

Kelly earned her bachelor of Business Administration from Ithaca College and her MBA in Accounting from Fairleigh Dickinson University. She also holds PMP certification.

Senior Director, Standards Development & Delivery

Effective 27  April, Matt Ceglia will fill the role of Senior Director, Standards Development & Delivery for the Standards Association. Matt brings to IEEE SA over 15 years of IEEE standards program management experience. In his current role Matt directs, develops and guides the Operational Program Management team which provides direct support of societies, technical committees and other IEEE-related ecosystems which produce IEEE standards. Primary responsibilities include staff development, staff assignments, establishing direction on IT solutions to the standards developing committees and establishing policies and best practices in support of standards development. Matt has held several former positions in the SA which attests to his knowledge of the end-to-end processes for standards development as well as has long-established relationships with our volunteer constituency. Matt’s relationship building skills along with his analytical and organization skills will be a large asset in his new role.

Matt earned his bachelor of science in Marketing from DeSales University and also a mini-MBA certificate from Rutgers University.

Please join me in welcoming and congratulating both Kelly and Matt to the Standards Association Senior Leadership Team. We are fortunate to have both staff very familiar with both the IEEE and IEEE SA, helping to make the transition to these new roles as smooth as possible.

Konstantinos