I'm confused.
Is the IEEE using its not-for-profit business to promote/advance what appears to be the development of a for-profit product?

GeoffT

On Apr 10, 2020, at 7:41 AMPDT, Paul Nikolich <paul.nikolich@ATT.NET> wrote:

Dear EC,

Please forward the below to your groups.

Given that it is focused on supporting the work of practicing engineers, It seems particularly relevant to our IEEE 802 participants.

Thank you and regards,

--Paul

------ Forwarded Message ------
From: "IEEE Product Design" <ieeereply@deliver.ieee.org>
Sent: 4/10/2020 10:00:50 AM
Subject: Upcoming IEEE Beta Test Opportunity

The World’s Largest Professional Association for the Advancement of Technology - IEEE
Dear Paul,

Though the current global health crisis has been extremely challenging on our personal lives and economies, during these difficult times IEEE is continuing to find ways to help businesses stay innovative. I am reaching out to you today as you may be a fit to provide your expertise for a new initiative that supports this mission.

IEEE is preparing to beta test a new platform that has been designed to support the work of practicing engineers in the development of telecom-related innovation. We are seeking engineers who design and launch new products and your experience may qualify you to be a part of an exclusive group who will receive free access to this new service in exchange for providing open and honest feedback.

Not only will you have the opportunity to experience this new service and the available full-text content, but your feedback will be critical in creating an ideal solution for engineers like yourself. Would you be interested? We would also like to extend this opportunity to other members of your team, if you would provide referrals.

As a thank you for your time, all qualified beta testers will receive US$200 and six months free use of the platform after the commercial launch.

If you are interested, please complete this brief survey to see if you qualify.

For questions, please contact Angela Trilli at a.trilli@ieee.org.

Sincerely,
The IEEE Product Design Team

IEEE Logo
Facebook IconTwitter IconLinkedIn IconYouTube Icon
IEEE – 445 Hoes Lane, Piscataway, NJ 08854 USA - ieeexplore.ieee.org