[802SEC] +++ EC Early Close Motion: modify IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual
- To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
- Subject: [802SEC] +++ EC Early Close Motion: modify IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual
- From: Roger Marks <r.b.marks@IEEE.ORG>
- Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 14:08:57 -0600
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org header.s=google header.b=HsVWJFtt; spf=pass (google.com: domain of email@example.com designates 184.108.40.206 as permitted sender) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=mime-version:subject:references:in-reply-to:message-id:to:from:date :dkim-signature; bh=fEwc+OyuwK7wsT03eihvYlPVZ0xFBL4Ch9ySKqn3Zkw=; b=Lcrx64brxDBEkjJMRRDONc/XfsqRD7wjFKxIZdnlNAn8EBUV+C2ETEuwd0HEablxBN cPvWPkoDqkqI760TDvqKE39saFKyzcvo4CmJcv8SAnRdTLQQkTNHXS8QHthe46kMT27E lKnggoTx3OCx4s7XH59FHLNvxeBdIycuv4hcaU6M29KfQf+L4Ub25EveYNMuDw6LGGZ3 mDXpw3qmLjUvqXdETcnJCwpfDzladi365AfOYqAJOJsxu5Dc4AFgQIKeOwRVJij3fnVO 25881QzDVda2PaCA3QWk0y1K3puCdRBlA3UpNoYu+vMyoaFbI6+1uu+rm1lz87CgGxQ6 BEHQ==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1591301349; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=qDfIA0loqgug2Gn3ToX4TjHJ8qYyL9tzDNllcwWHpJArGCS51gGdgpwUIKyMASea6M i9GvQLmBiux1xWlUl6Vn4PWLFpwMapfmTfNWYC1E7Fz4Gbr/6JUWdReqJWp+psvZJOG8 z4V1gP3zv7NucRstBp7OAij3ZyLjBpxLeMiuJiQ2fBRiNjT9kOmF6ktbT6ktZxMt5shj khabKjp0ih8A4mbOlXP2Rq2wnIyonLEsTBBueb26FAXFttZ3RgZkm1EjDJZv3iq8xIiG QhjntfpYT24zDkBWneqXEzxolc5hRJwK1Ib/Yc6GnZzYpVasH50oQpZSws3RP0mYZ4QR Oa+Q==
- Delivered-to: mhonarc@GROUPER.IEEE.ORG
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 emlpav01.ieee.org 054K9HhZ009410
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=ieee.org; s=mail; t=1591301357; bh=qET42JN7NTeiikNAXIzsVq9afwOJl44Cv8gy1rU3Xs8=; h=References:Date:Reply-To:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:List-Help: List-Unsubscribe:List-Subscribe:List-Owner:From; b=CBNToODxx0yCt8ScdiVzPRi/FsrJSPHRPeldZACDKypiXKGkUp6V03ziGQjWk4rWI A3qcO5z/y50IjO1cmsXJqPbNxVmBNXo5tY1FDTNAvQHlysbNOICPV0je3BarsPj8x9 NpAkixB+1+uj79ZiSPxr58+S5KBYZwEaLrHQ799o=
- In-reply-to: <fbbafbce-00d8-44af-afce-2b2e6901baf1@Spark>
- List-help: <https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=STDS-802-SEC>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG?body=INFO%20STDS-802-SEC>
- List-owner: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- References: <fbbafbce-00d8-44af-afce-2b2e6901baf1@Spark>
- Reply-to: Roger Marks <r.b.marks@IEEE.ORG>
- Sender: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
The LMSC Chair has designated me to administer the following electronic ballot:
Moved: To approve the following changes to the IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual:
(1) In subclause 5.1 ("Plenary sessions"), change the first paragraph:
"Plenary sessions are the primary LMSC sessions. All active IEEE 802 LMSC WGs hold their plenary sessions during IEEE 802 LMSC plenary sessions."
"Plenary Sessions are the primary LMSC sessions. An LMSC Plenary Session is a multiday set of meetings identified as an LMSC Plenary Session by decision of the Standards Committee. The LMSC Plenary Session venue shall be announced at least 30 days in advance. In exceptional cases, with less than 30 days notice if necessary, the Standards Committee may cancel an announced venue and may decide that the Plenary Session will be held by electronic means as an electronic Plenary Session on the preannounced dates per an announced time zone. With the exception of electronic Plenary Sessions, all active IEEE 802 Working Groups shall meet in-person (possibly with one or more participants contributing via electronic means) during each Plenary Session."
(2) In clause 5 ("IEEE 802 LMSC sessions"), delete the third paragraph:
"All active Working Groups shall meet during each IEEE 802 Plenary Session. All Working Group meetings shall be exclusively in-person. Additionally, Working Groups and Technical Advisory Groups are allowed to have electronic meetings to make decisions between Plenary Sessions, but such meetings do not count for participation credit."
(3) In subclause 4.1.3, change the first sentence of the second paragraph to:
"The IEEE 802 LMSC meets in-person during in-person plenary sessions and electronically during electronic Plenary Sessions."
(a) The ballot opens 2020-06-04 and closes no later than 2020-06-14 AoE.
(b) As this is an urgent matter, the ballot will be closed once sufficient response is received to clearly decide the matter.
(c) This motion is taken under clause 11.0 of the active (as of 2020-05-22) IEEE 802 LMSC Policies and Procedures <https://ieee.app.box.com/v/PandP-LMSC>. Accordingly, the revision was proposed on 2020-04-27 <http://ieee802.org/secmail/msg24532.html>, more than the required 30 days in advance. As authorized, amendments to the proposal in response to comments have been made, as documented at <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LOguhfz71ge0TflrdaAcGGSMc-tGqHb9dQThtXeU2VM>.
(d) Changes would be made to the active IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/19/ec-19-0047-06-00EC.pdf>.
(e) The ballot requires a 2/3 vote of LMSC members. We have 13 voting members, 2/3 is 9 affirmative votes.
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-SEC list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-SEC&A=1