From: Steve Shellhammer [mailto:sshellha@qti.qualcomm.com]
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2020 2:51 PM
To: Stanley, Dorothy <dorothy.stanley@hpe.com>; STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: RE: [802SEC] Two WG11 PAR/CSDs for consideration on the upcoming 2020 November EC agenda

Dorothy,

                The CSDs for both of these projects indicate that the group plans to prepare a coexistence assessment (CA) document.

                I am fine with that, but I can imagine that it may not be necessary, if the group has a one or two sentence reason for why they do not think a CA document is required.   They could put that one or two sentence reason in the CSD and indicate that they do not plan to prepare a CA document.

                That is up to you and the group, but I personally cannot see how these upper MAC layer changes could have an impact on coexistence with other wireless devices in the same frequency band. But maybe there is more to it that I do not foresee.  Maybe others have a different opinion.

Regards,

Steve