This point illustrates the pragmatic, achievable balance in standards development that the IEEE 802.3 working group strives for.tThe task force that developed IEEE 802.3ca was committed to achieving a completely new level of service but not without relying on technology for which the industry would need to wait 15 years for the appearance in the marketplace of economically feasible, real-world solutions remain 15 years in the future.

Cheers,

Roger
On Sep 28, 2020, 11:21 AM -0600, Law, David <dlaw@hpe.com>, wrote:
Dear EC members,

Further to the email below, while I didn't receive any comments on the IEEE 802 EC reflector, there were some comments from the respective IEEE 802.3 Task Force Chairs. As a result, I uploaded an updated draft <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/20/ec-20-0180-02-00EC-beyond-standards-blog-ieee-802-3-september-2020.pdf> along with a compare draft <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/20/ec-20-0180-01-00EC-beyond-standards-blog-ieee-802-3-september-2020.pdf> to show the changes made. I will request a consent agenda item for the 6th October 2020 IEEE 802 EC teleconference to approve this blog post.

Best regards,
David

-----Original Message-----

From: Law, David
Sent: 18 September 2020 21:26
To: IEEE 802 SEC <stds-802-sec@ieee.org> <stds-802-sec@ieee.org>
Subject: Draft Beyond Standards blog for review - New IEEE 802.3™ Standards Provide Platforms for the Next Ethernet Innovations

Dear EC members,

Based on the publication of three IEEE 802.3 standards I've arranged for the development of a draft Beyond Standards <https://beyondstandards.ieee.org/> blog titled 'New IEEE 802.3™ Standards Provide Platforms for the Next Ethernet Innovations' by the IEEE-SA PR team. Since the development of this blog was based on my request, I intend to seek EC approval for the blog on the 6th October 2020 IEEE 802 EC teleconference.

I would like to request your review before the meeting, therefore please provide comments on the draft available at <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/20/ec-20-0180-00-00EC-beyond-standards-blog-ieee-802-3-september-2020.pdf> by Monday 28th September 2020 23h59 AOE.

Thanks and best regards,
David