Re: [802SEC] +++ Early Close 10-day EC Motion+++Approval of ex parte comments to the FCC NPRM on revisiting-configuration ofthe 5.9GHz band
- To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
- Subject: Re: [802SEC] +++ Early Close 10-day EC Motion+++Approval of ex parte comments to the FCC NPRM on revisiting-configuration ofthe 5.9GHz band
- From: "Law, David" <dlaw@HPE.COM>
- Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 22:44:46 +0000
- Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=hpe.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=hpe.com; dkim=pass header.d=hpe.com; arc=none
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=02FxuTX+ZWxZ5Z+g33Obt9Ph+QpIe6VySm354UE2oss=; b=j1u/n+HRDmi+LFgrIgt4rLxu+SeVNzzEGIPb+SM0wvpl/kOELl0CXXuRDM/AztiNMdkaoiVysw9xGzQfWQ2e8f39xi5SSxhqsh0ZvSIv+Gx39jYVjLrypMrJggd/peVcw0T01cynXfG+SeTda9BQQIpYZtvYHcrJjx9zdwjIq4nMnHHY8An2Gs3sO/gZmLYnDkXP6e0y3exXBcDH63KoJ4wxWfW294ejJavw3AljAM/QOR8stF5q/pVPD7hB6/ux1MwdP7HOyMNxbn9SFuGl+BWwyUgzCIQ8hTJCom+Oaj3HZSr6kdWrrafxJojjO8s0OvqaKwrNbTznbCjgxqs3NQ==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=AVJpfjS8r9TBSpEml6pt3q3LetOpVZR+DiwP2FfjW0oaqb9c3+xUUhvKv21B/CqaEV9Ok2jnWuXU88XZ8ik3xIzeMyONT46kCH6es21takjYZSOqiggfdV2PhipB2/FQUJwT2WGDEW2Pz6vDfoU95vdrJBpT+3HQsuRhGtVF12TeC7W6h/gPogMXqYpnRcwvdxmUrVX7L+7/jh5Ly6W9eB3lVNMs+Fnv5UlOxkqjnBJLhgkwN151rG8aZImcqqtwXbKJFKxsTMU5zYUfDezV0X8MeWbU/qQiN9Xk/y5t9VYboSNQJKaPniZ0S1QSsHASerOlnJLuTALsC4USJoRH6w==
- Delivered-to: mhonarc@GROUPER.IEEE.ORG
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <CAGRKT1n6iKKBj_KeKxGeTKoL35Ok=3igK6t2_MTKYCq_8xSs7A@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?LIST=STDS-802-SEC>, <mailto:LISTSERV@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG?body=INFO%20STDS-802-SEC>
- List-owner: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-subscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-subscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:STDS-802-SEC-unsubscribe-request@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- References: <CAGRKT1n6iKKBj_KeKxGeTKoL35Ok=3igK6t2_MTKYCq_8xSs7A@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "Law, David" <dlaw@HPE.COM>
- Sender: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
- Thread-index: AQHWqPArhvEtp9uAZUOtoOfKWwvs46mqgLbg
- Thread-topic: [802SEC] +++ Early Close 10-day EC Motion+++Approval of ex parte comments to the FCC NPRM on revisiting-configuration ofthe 5.9GHz band
I vote approve.
From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG> On Behalf Of Jay Holcomb
Sent: 23 October 2020 04:53
Subject: [802SEC] +++ Early Close 10-day EC Motion+++Approval of ex parte comments to the FCC NPRM on revisiting-configuration ofthe 5.9GHz band
Dear LMSC/EC Members,
With this email I would like to announce the start of an LMSC(EC) ballot on ex parte comments to the FCC on response to their NPRM proposing re-configuration of the 5.9GHz band from ITS to unlicensed and ITS and allowing C-V2X instead of just DSRC (802.11p and .11bd). The purpose of the Ex Parte is to inform the FCC exactly how we prefer IEEE 802.11 standards to be cited in a new 5.9 GHz rule.
A key point are dates. The understanding is the R&O is due out at the November FCC Open Commission Meeting. The Draft R&O is due out 28 October 2020 (next wednesday). Then there is time period the FCC is open for inputs until 11November, which at that time they no longer look at new inputs. Our desire is, if the ex parte is approved, is to get to the FCC at the beginning of this last review period, starting 28 October to give the FCC time to review and considered IEEE 802 inputs. Why the early close.
Paul has delegated to me to conduct a LMSC(EC) Early Close 10-day electronic ballot on the motion below to approve the comments to the FCC. This EC motion is per IEEE 802 OM 7.2.1 Procedure, P&P 7.1 b) (majority response) and P&P 7.1.2 (2/3 approval of votes cast) for communication with government bodies and public statements.
• Motion: Approve ex parte comments in https://mentor.ieee.org/802.18/dcn/20/18-20-0143-02-0000-fcc-ex-parte-on-how-to-cite-ieee-802-11-standards-in-5-9-ghz-band-rule.docx; to FCC NPRM (ET Docket No. 19-138) on Use of the 5.850-5.925 GHz Band. For uploading to the FCC on or before 11Nov20. With the Chair of 802.18 authorized to make editorial changes, as necessary.
Approved in the RR-TAG: _14_ / _0_ / _0_ (22Oct20)
Mover: Jay Holcomb
Seconder: Dorothy Stanley
Start of ballot: 22 October2020
Close of ballot: 02 November 2020
Proceeding OET 19-138:
IEEE 802 original comments:
IEEE 802 reply comments (EC editorial markup):
Early close: As required in subclause 4.1.2 'Voting rules' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Operations Manual, this is notice that, to ensure the release is provided in a timely manner, this ballot may close early once sufficient responses are received to clearly decide a matter. Sufficient responses to clearly decide this matter will be based on the required majority for a motion under subclause 7.1.1 'Actions requiring approval by a majority vote' item (h), 'Other motions brought to the floor by members (when deemed in order by the Sponsor Chair)' of the IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee (LMSC) Policies and Procedures.
Liberty Lake (Spokane), WA
IEEE 802.18 Chair
To unsubscribe from the STDS-802-SEC list, click the following link: https://listserv.ieee.org/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=STDS-802-SEC&A=1
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.