[802SEC] Updated Chair's Guidelines proposal
I have updated the proposed Chair's Guidelines and posted it to:
The motion tomorrow will be to approve the document.
The change that generated the most comment was the section on the
coexistence assurance document, new section 2.21, which now says:
2.21 Scope of the Coexistence Assessment Document
This section describes the scope of the coexistence assessment (CA)
document referred to in Section 13, “Procedure for coexistence
assurance” of the IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual.
The CA document:
1) shall include a list of the active IEEE 802 wireless standards
operating in the same frequency bands as the new standard under development,
2) should include a list of the active IEEE 802 projects expected
to operate in the same frequency bands as the new standard under
3) should include a list of market-relevant implementations and
standards outside of IEEE 802 operating in the same frequency bands as
the new standard under development.
The CA document should assess the potential impact of systems based on
the proposed standard on other identified standards using the same
bands, and impacts other systems may have on the proposed standard:
• Consider aspects such as: transmit power, bandwidth, duty cycle,
channel access methods and proximity
• Describe the methods used to undertake the assessment
• Include a description of factors that mitigate the coexistence
This email is sent from the 802 Executive Committee email reflector. This list is maintained by Listserv.