Re: [802SEC] Proposed changes to P&P

Jon

The 2020 baseline was not yet approved (has it been approved?)

When I do these updates, I go carefully through to determine how to make the baseline match our practice. Sometimes it is more difficult that others. It was a suggestion from AudCom to do just that.

If the EC wants to do that, then I will review the baseline (once it has been approved) and put together a section by section comparison of our current P&P and the new one. But it will take time.

I think that my task is as follows:
1) Enable IEEE 802 to comply with SA rules (update every 5 years with new baseline and work it through the process) 2) Do it in such a way that IEEE 802 continues to operate in the same manner as it always has with regards to P&P controlled items 3) Incorporate any new things that might be needed in the P&P. At this point, the only addition we had was with respect to dominance.

NOTE: This does not apply to the OM controlled things (such as how to do electronic meetings, attendance, etc., that are controlled by the OM or the WG P&P).

As for PAR Study Groups, as I recall, the options for a PAR Study Group in the 2020 proposed baseline is that you can choose either 50% approval or 2/3 approval. Probably because those are the only defined voting thresholds in the baseline.

75% approval threshold is defined in the WG P&P baseline (at least it was, I haven't reviewed it lately).

There may be other changes in the 2020 baseline that could impact our operation, I haven't spent the time to do a side-by-side comparison.

James Gilb