[802SEC] Follow-on 802 ad hoc

Per Paul's request, here are my top bullet points to stimulate discussion.

From the discussion I gleaned the following 4 points summarizing the LMSC process value proposition:
+ Provide quality assurance of 802 standards
+ Provide technical coordination between WGs and TAGs
+ Provide consistency in process and centralize core process functions
+ Provide a recognized and valuable brand

Here is my example problem statement: Enhance* the ability to bring a meaningful standards project from initiation to publication in 2.5 to 3 years to meet fast moving market demand.

FWIW

*I changed what I said on the call to "Enhance" since we've been able to do this in the past, e.g. 802.15.4g and 802.15.4z, both of which have been widely adopted and created signifcant value in several industries.  I take this as existence proof that our process is not fundamentally broken.  Both happened in 802 becouase we already provided a solid foundation upon which to build and the amendments expanded the usability of that base into new markets where the standard had not previously been adopted.  Enhance not break :-).

Ben

Benjamin A. Rolfe
408-332-0725 Mobile
408-395-7207 Office