[802SEC] Using the existing 'deadbeat policy' for virtual meeting fees

All –

As suggested by David at the last meeting, and with his help, I think that we should consider just using the existing policy for enforcing virtual meeting fees.  The existing policy can be found in  subclause 5.4 of the IEEE 802 Operations Manual <https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/17/ec-17-0090-24-0PNP-ieee-802-lmsc-operations-manual.pdf#page=13 >.

The policy itself is a variation on the ‘no attendance credit and no voting’, where ethe voting rights would be revoked after the meeting (and period to cure).  The policy also allows for the Treasurer and Executive Secretary to implement, and I believe we could allow for a reasonable grace period for individuals to pay.

There is the corner case of individuals ‘ghosting’ the meeting by not logging into IMAT, voting or otherwise, but then again, they are not getting attendance credit or exercising voting rights anyways.  It’s probably not worth spending a huge amount of effort on these ‘observers’.

Please look at the existing policy in preparation for our discussion at the next EC meeting.

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@cmephyconsulting.com