From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG> On Behalf Of James P. K. Gilb
Sent: 09 March 2021 05:29
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: [802SEC] +++ 10 day-EC Motion +++ Approval of change to Working Group Policies and Procedures

Dear LMSC and interested parties

Now that the LMSC Policies and Procedure will (hopefully) soon be
approved by SASB, the next step is to submit a WG P&P on the new template.

In order to do that, we need to modify the old WG P&P to allow us to
change it via electronic meetings, hence this motion.

Step 1: We approve this motion so we can approve revisions of the WG P&P
electronically (like we to with the OM and the LMSC P&P)
Step 2: We start working on the WG P&P in the new format

Background: On 18 February 2020, I proposed changing the WG Policies and
Procedures to allow changes at an 802 LMSC electronic meeting.  The LMSC
currently has the ability, under Clause 11.0 Revision of Sponsor
Inferior Rules, to modify the WG P&P.

This is an Early Close motion,  We have 13 voting members, 10
affirmative votes are required for approval.

------------- End background and discussion, now the motion ----------

This motion is brought under Clause 11.0 Revision of Sponsor Inferior
Rules.  Moved by Gilb, seconded by D'Ambrosia

Moved: In the IEEE 802 LMSC Working Group Policies & Procedures, Clause
13.0 "Revision of the IEEE 802 LMSC Working Group Policies and
Procedures", change:

"A vote to approve revisions shall only be taken at a plenary session.
If approved, revisions become effective at the end of the plenary
session where the vote was taken."

to be:
"If approved, revisions become effective at the end of the Sponsor
meeting where the votes were taken or when the final result of the
Sponsor electronic ballot is announced by the Sponsor Chair or designee."

Note: This is substantially similar to the wording we approved for the
IEEE 802 LMSC Operations Manual.  Note that the current WG P&P uses the
old terminology of "Sponsor", so to keep it consistent, I am proposing
this form.

James Gilb