Re: [802SEC] Request for 2021 July re: P802.11az PAR Extension and question re: PAR extension as an "ordinary item"

Dorothy,

--Paul

------ Original Message ------
From: "Stanley, Dorothy" <dorothy.stanley@hpe.com>
To: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Sent: 5/21/2021 10:58:36 AM
Subject: [802SEC] Request for 2021 July re: P802.11az PAR Extension and question re: PAR extension as an "ordinary item"

Dear John, EC members,

Please add consideration of the P802.11az PAR extension to the list of PARs for consideration at the upcoming 2021 July plenary

The PAR extension document is posted here: https://mentor.ieee.org/802.11/dcn/21/11-21-0750-02-00az-p802-11az-extension-request-2021.pdf

and is attached. The corresponding CSD document is https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/19/ec-19-0064-00-ACSD-p802-11az.docx and is unchanged.

Let me know of any questions.

In parallel – a question for Paul:

Per 9.2 in the LMSC Operations Manual https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/17/ec-17-0090-24-0PNP-ieee-802-lmsc-operations-manual.pdf :

“At the discretion of the IEEE 802 LMSC Chair, PARs for ordinary items (e.g., Maintenance PARs) and PAR changes essential to the orderly conduct of business (e.g., division of existing work items or name changes to harmonize with equivalent ISO JTC-1 work items) may be placed on the IEEE 802 LMSC agenda if delivered to IEEE 802 LMSC members 48 hours in advance”

The question: Does a PAR extension qualify as one of the “ordinary items…..essential to the orderly conduct of business”? If no, then we’ll keep the to the July schedule. If yes, then I’ll request this PAR extension to be on the agenda of the upcoming June EC teleconference.

Thanks,

Dorothy

Dorothy Stanley

Hewlett Packard Enterprise