[802SEC] Mixed Mode Meeting Ad Hoc information - 27 July 2021, 1600-1700 ET

As agreed at the 9 July 802 EC meeting, I will be holding a meeting of the ad hoc to discuss best practices for holding a mixed mode meeting.

The proposed agenda focuses on refining the document that Paul submitted, at https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/21/ec-21-0157-00-00EC-best-practices-for-mixed-mode-ieee-802-lmsc-sessions.docx , with a prioritized focus on what we can implement in the near-term for initial meetings when we return to face to face meetings, assuming that a significant number (that is, more than a few isolated cases) are unable to travel (or it would be an undue burden, such as weeks of quarantine on either end) due to restrictions beyond their control.

Given the near-term situation, we need to consider concrete practices for these near term meetings so that we can explore the financial and logistical implications well before the first meeting is held.  Long term considerations of the form of 802 meetings are for future consideration.

If you have proposals or documents for meeting, especially experience from other groups, please forward.

Please reply directly to me (George Zimmerman see https://www.ieee802.org/wgchairs.shtml for contact information) if you have a contribution you would like discussed.

An email list will be made at the first meeting for further discussion among the ad hoc.  If you are unable to make the first meeting, and wish to be added, please email me directly, and I will add you.

-george

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

-- Do not delete or change any of the following text. --

When it's time, join your Webex meeting here.

Join meeting

More ways to join:

Join from the meeting link

https://cmeconsulting.my.webex.com/cmeconsulting.my/j.php?MTID=m3e91952158d4d18b1a982a980efb0c45

Join by meeting number

Meeting number (access code): 182 804 2488

Meeting password: PpEB9STsS84 (77329787 from phones and video systems)

Tap to join from a mobile device (attendees only)
+1-415-655-0001,,1828042488#77329787# US Toll
Some mobile devices may ask attendees to enter a numeric password.

Join by phone
+1-415-655-0001 US Toll
Global call-in numbers

Join by video system, application or Skype for business
Dial 1828042488@webex.com
You can also dial 173.243.2.68 and enter your meeting number.

If you are a host, click here to view host information.

Need help? Go to https://help.webex.com

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.