From: Chad Jones (cmjones) <cmjones@cisco.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 7:26 AM
To: George Zimmerman <george@cmephyconsulting.com>; STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] 802 restructuring ad hoc 1pm ET meeting 17 August 2021 to be replaced by 4pm ET Near Term Mixed Mode Meeting sub ad hoc

George, it looks like your in-room equipment is exactly the same as before. That is not going to work for hybrid meetings for the audio. Pre-covid, each room had at least two mics, so there was a mixer and the in-room speakers. We need to get the output of that mixer into a laptop for the online participants. This should be easily done with a USB dongle that takes the same line level mix that runs to the speakers (need to contemplate more – may need to run mixer to laptop then laptop to speakers to get audio for in room and online through the speakers. The audio contractor should be able to provide guidance here). Now, expecting each chair to correctly install these devices, I think that’s another story. Therefore, I would suggest each meeting room has a dedicated meeting laptop that is the ONLY audio connection in the meeting room and also drives the projector. With this scheme, you can be sure all attendees are seeing and hearing the same thing.

Chad Jones

Technical Leader, Cisco Systems

Chair, IEEE P802.3da Task Force

Principal, NFPA 70 CMP3