Re: [802SEC] Mixed Mode Meeting -- Guiding Principles Discussion

George,

I would like to propose a radical simplification of the technology for hybrid meetings that would eliminate much of the complexity and also help equalize the participation.

The proposal is to eliminate all audio-visual facilities. Those in the meeting room would interact with the meeting just as those externally do: using a connected device with a headset. They will mute their mic except when speaking.

People who attend in-person will gain the advantages I’ve seen cited as the best reasons to maintain in-person attendance.

I’m happy to hear opinions about what problems this would cause (e.g., assessing the bandwidth implications) and how they might be managed.

Cheers,

Roger