Re: [802SEC] Proposed Rules Suspension - Nov 2021

George,

As I said previously – I would still recommend going with this if we decide on a F2F meeting at 9/7 EC meeting.  The proposed schedule provides for the contingency of us having to cancel the F2F meeting if things go south between the decision on 9/7 and the Nov plenary.

John

From: George Zimmerman <george@cmephyconsulting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2021 11:42 AM
To: jdambrosia@gmail.com; STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: RE: [802SEC] Proposed Rules Suspension - Nov 2021

Odd – since I agree with both John and Jon, I now realize a bit of confusion, so I’ll clear up my position.

If we go with an electronic meeting – this is sufficient, and necessary.

If we go with a hybrid meeting – this may be sufficient, and it is necessary.  Our consideration indicated we have time to look for what other rules might need suspending.

If we go with a face-to-face meeting – this isn’t necessary – but that seems unlikely.

Hope that clears up where I stand.

-george