Re: [802SEC] +++ 10 day LMSC ballot: Authorization to purchase Framemaker licenses

Hi James;

I approve.

Sincerely,  Pat

Pat Kinney
Kinney Consulting LLC
IEEE 802.15 WG chair, IEEE 802.15.12 chair
ISA100 co-chair, ISA100.20 chair
M: +1.847.997.3775
O: +1.847.960.3715
pat.kinney@kinneyconsultingllc.com

On 9, Sep2021, at 10:16, James P. K. Gilb <000008e8b69871c2-dmarc-request@ieee.org> wrote:

All

The Standards Committee Chair has delegated to me the following 10 day early close electronic ballot:

This motion is brought under subclause 7.1.1, items requiring majority approval, item g) other motions brought to the floor, of the IEEE 802 LMSC P&P

Motion: The IEEE 802 LMSC authorizes the purchase of Framemaker subscription licenses with a cost not to exceed $15,000 for a time period not to extend past December 2022.

Moved: Gilb
Second: Zimmerman

Rationale:  IEEE-SA has offered to reimburse up to $15,000 spent on Framemaker licenses to develop IEEE 802 standards.  The process is that we will submit the invoice to IEEE-SA and be reimbursed.

Note: Technical Editors who want access to these licenses will contact the IEEE 802 LMSC First Vice Chair, who will determine the distribution of the licenses.

The ballot begins today and will close 19 September, 2021 AoE.

James Gilb