[802SEC] Agenda item for 12/7/2021: Updates to WG Policies and Procedures

All

This morning, AudCom conditionally recommended approval of our WG P&P with the editorial change to reflect that some WGs have more than one Vice Chair. Basically, this means using "Vice Chair(s)" in a few places.

3.1, change to "elect a new Chair or Vice Chair(s)"

3.5.2 and TOC, change title of subclause to "Vice Chair(s)"

4.6 c) and 4.7 b), change "Vice Chair[s]" to "Vice Chair(s)" (square brackets are used in the baseline to indicate optional items).

These changes have been uploaded to mentor as: https://mentor.ieee.org/802-ec/dcn/21/ec-21-0280-03-00EC-proposed-ieee-802-lmsc-wg-p-p.doc

Now, I can make the change as editorial and allow a 30 day review to see if an LMSC member objects, but if we approve it tomorrow, it could then be approved by SASB this week and we are done with P&P for a few years.

So, I would propose the following, early on the agenda (so I can post the update to SASB and inform them), the following motion:

This motion is brought under Clause 13.0 “Revision of the IEEE 802 LMSC Working Group Policies and Procedures” of the IEEE 802 LMSC WG P&P.

Moved: Approve document ec-21-0280-01-00EC as the IEEE 802 LMSC Working Group Policies and Procedures and forward the document to AudCom for consideration and IEEE SASB approval.

Moved Gilb, Seconded by ???

NOTE 1; We have 13 voting members, 2/3 of which is 9, so 9 approve votes are required to approve the change.

NOTE 2: This results in a change to the WG P&P that takes effect after the close of the teleconference meeting.

James Gilb