[802SEC] Confirming Marc Holness appointment as primary representative to the Registration Authority Committee

Dear All,

I apologize for this tardy announcement, per the below passed motion as of 29DEC2021, Marc Holness appointment as primary representative to the Registration Authority Committee is confirmed.  Thank you Marc for volunteering to fill this important position.  Angela, please add Marc as the formal 802 LMSC primary RAC representative to the RAC roster.

Regards,

--Paul

+++partial copy of Roger Mark's EC 29DEC2021 email ballot notice announce the Motion Passed 7/0/0+++

Dear EC members,

Per the 'early close' provision in subclause 4.1.2, this motion would confirm the appointment of Marc Holness as the IEEE 802 primary representative on the Registration Authority Committee (RAC). This position is opening because Roger Marks, the current representative, will assume the role of RAC Chair as of Jan 1. Geoff Thompson’s term as secondary representative continues through the end of 2022. This ballot is conducted per the request of the LMSC Chair.

Marc has been editor of a number of 802.1 (and 802.17) standards and is currently editor of P802f. He has engaged significantly with the RAC, particularly on EtherType issues, since 2020.

Motion
======

The IEEE 802 LMSC confirms the LMSC Chair's appointment of Marc Holness as primary representative on the IEEE Standards Association Registration Authority Committee, for a 3 year term beginning 01 January 2022.

Move: Roger Marks
Second: Glenn Parsons

Start of ballot: 22 December 2021
Close of ballot: 1 January 2022 AOE