Re: [802SEC] IEEE SA Contributors Collection

Hi, Jodi. Thanks for the update on this topic.

I want to call out two things I noticed by following the links in the PDF:

(1) In the FAQ,
What happens after I submit my contribution to IEEE SA Contributors Collection?
Submitted documents are vetted for appropriateness and then their submission status is confirmed by WG volunteer leadership for acceptance on the platform.

(2) At the upload page,
By submitting the Contribution, you are providing the Contribution to the Working Group for the project/standard you identify, in accordance with the IEEE SA Copyright Policy and attest that you understand these terms.

As I understand, this promises authors that an upload directed to a WG will be pre-reviewed by volunteers in that WG and then will be treated as a contribution to that WG . I think that this could be a burden on the WG volunteers and will disrupt the current process in the WG. For example, many 802 WGs specify the format and cover sheet of contributions as well as the depository and file naming conventions, which may include, for example, coding indicative of a subgroup or topic.

How would an 802 WG opt out of being listed as a possible WG in the Contributors Collection?

Cheers,

Roger