Re: [802SEC] reminder - 802 meeting fee increases friday at 11:59PM UTC, not AoE

I agree with Geoff it SHOULD be AoE. However it's been on the registration page since January as UTC.  So there's been lots of time for people to see it.
We should use AoE in the furure, as this is the only way to avoid time zone bias and be fully inclusive.

Ben

From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org> on behalf of Geoff Thompson <thompson@IEEE.ORG>
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2022 9:23 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG <STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG>
Subject: Re: [802SEC] reminder - 802 meeting fee increases friday at 11:59PM UTC, not AoE

George-

How did this happen?
I am under the impression that the EC passed a motion some years ago that all 802 actions (as opposed to IEEE actions) that have a calendar closing date of the format mm/dd/yyyy AOE.

I believe we should honor all registrations in that 12 hour period at the lower rate.

It is precisely because of this sort of confusion and inconvenience with quoting calendar closing dates that we adopted AoE.

Best regards,

Geoff Thompson