Re: [802SEC] July Plenary

Jon

Sorry for the late response – tried to take a couple of days PTO – but we all know how that goes.

Thanks for your response below.   The reason why I asked this was I saw in your Exec Sec report that you had “Travel authorizations from / to countries” under your items to consider for in-person sessions.

I am sure you can understand why I feel asking anyone to give up 3 weeks of their lives in quarantine after attending a plenary meeting doesn’t feel fair – and begs the question is there another option we can offer?

This leads me to my next question and given my prior misinterpretation of your report – I don’t wish to do again. You note in your presentation – mixed mode meeting requirements.  However, it is not clear to me one way or the other what we are doing for July.  Will there be mixed mode support?  This is not noted on the meeting announcement page (which IMO – should be noted).

I do not believe the EC has made any sort of decision on mixed mode support for the July Plenary.  Will you be addressing this in your future meetings agenda item for the April teleconference?  I hope so as I think it needs to be addressed, and probably should have an EC motion backing it up.

Given my recent discovery regarding what participants may have to deal with in getting back to their own countries – I think this has taken on new meaning.

Regards

John