Re: [802SEC] Ad Hoc on P802-REVc WG balloting

Geoff,

I agree with the vote dilution that you note with option #1, but a counter issue with #3 that I proposed is that a motivated subset could also sign up and dominate.  On balance the consensus at the technical plenary was with the process we used last time (effectively #1), so that’s what I announced.

As an aside, all WGs including 802.1 have a penalty for not voting.  One detail is how and if that would apply to #2 and #3 without a new rule, that is why I indicated quorum would be difficult.

Anyway, while I thought we had consensus on a way forward, I will join the ad hoc discussion.

Cheers,

Glenn.