Re: [802SEC] Comments on draft IEEE SA position statement on Spectrum allocation and managemnt (18-23-0015-06-ISUS)

Edward – Amelia speedily addressed the comments (and a few others it seems) in the night (at least for me).  I’m happy with the current version.

-george

From: Edward Au <edward.ks.au@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2023 1:38 PM
To: George Zimmerman <george@cmephyconsulting.com>
Cc: STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Comments on draft IEEE SA position statement on Spectrum allocation and managemnt (18-23-0015-06-ISUS)

Thanks George for your review and comments.  Amelia and her ad hoc will address your comments shortly.

Regards,

Ed

On Tue, Feb 7, 2023 at 9:35 PM George Zimmerman <george@cmephyconsulting.com> wrote:

I have a couple of suggestions –

First the substantive:

  • Under “Main priorities for IEEE 802 wireless technologies in spectrum policy”:
    • Items 2 & 3 don’t really appear to be priorities, but rather methods of addressing the other items, which are priorities: Specifically, these two (“A core principle…” and “The increasing demands… can be met…”) don't seem to be a 'priority' like 'encouraging flexible shared spectrum use' or 'full global availability', or 'global convergence' are, but rather they are either how we approach these priorities or a separate point on its own related to how we approach these priorities. Suggest separating to a paragraph after the "Main priorities", not enumerated.  I’m a bit at a loss for a header, but something like, “Principles and Methods”.  (alternatively, “Main priorities” might be made “Main priorites and principles” – I still think 2 & 3 should probably go after the others) – note these are just suggestions.

Second, the nit –

(2nd paragraph) I think we are technically the IEEE 802 Standards Committee (not just the IEEE 802 Committee)

George Zimmerman, Ph.D.

President & Principal

CME Consulting, Inc.

george@cmephyconsulting.com