Re: [802SEC] Tutorial slot #3

Just a bit of insight perhaps, from my personal perspective: Given no break from 16:00 until 22:00+ (if all the tutorial slots are used), I end up having to choose something to skip to be able to get any dinner.  Assuming the other tutorial topics are of interest to me personally/to my employer, I am likely to skip a “status update” as the least of the evils to be forced to miss it.

So, I don’t think it’s lack of interest, but a lack of any break at all, that is killing this idea.

Mark

From: ***** IEEE 802 Executive Committee List ***** <STDS-802-SEC@listserv.ieee.org> On Behalf Of Clint Powell
Sent: Thursday, February 9, 2023 8:02 AM
To: STDS-802-SEC@LISTSERV.IEEE.ORG
Subject: Re: [802SEC] Tutorial slot #3

All,

I agree, aside from the presenters it was pretty thin. I’d say there was less than 10 others. WG15 would even go so far as to offer to allow this to go 1st, before the tutorial on TG3mb in March. This way going forward we know whether it’s really more the time or interest? The other option is we skip a plenary and wait until July, but also target the 1st Tutorial slot.

BR,
Clint