Setup Mailing List for Working Group
The IEEE provides an e-mail service to working groups. This service allows members to subscribe and unsubscribe to various e-mail lists. The P1100 working has an e-mail list. Follow the directions below to subscribe to the service.
Subscribe to the list
subscribe [list] [address]
Subscribe yourself (or |address| if specified) to the named |list|.
Unsubscribe to the list
unsubscribe [list] [address]
Unsubscribe yourself (or [address] if specified) from the named [list].
Commands should be sent in the body of an email message to: email@example.com.
Commands in the "Subject:" line are NOT processed. All commands MUST be in the BODY of the message.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact:
To subscribe to the P1100 mailing list, follow this example. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the e-mail provide the following commands.
subscribe stds-1100 email@example.com
Using the Service
To use the service, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. All members of the mailing list will receive the e-mail.
Send Out Copyright Notice
The IEEE requires that a copyright notice be placed on the front page of each chapter draft as well as in the footer of each page of the draft. The text for the copyright notice is given below. Please adhere to this format for all outlines and drafts.
Date of draft
Copyright "Insert current year" by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.
345 East 47th Street
New York, NY 10017, USA
All Rights Reserved.
This is an IEEE Standards Project, subject to change. Permission is hereby granted for IEEE Standards Committee Participants to reproduce this document for the purposes of IEEE standardization activities, including ballots and coordination. If this document is to be submitted to ISO or IEC, notification shall be given to the IEEE Copyright Administrator. Permission is also granted for member bodies and technical committees of ISO and IEC to reproduce this document for purposes off developing a national position. Other entities seeking permission to reproduce portions of this document for these or other uses must contact The IEEE Standards Department for the appropriate license. Use of this information contained in the unapproved draft is at your own risk.
IEEE Standards Department
Copyright and Permission
445 Hoes Lane
PO Box 1331
Piscataway, NJ 08855-1331, USA
Bottom of Every Page
Copyright © "Insert current year" IEEE All rights reserved.
This is an unapproved IEEE Standards Draft, Subject to change.
Editing Functions in MS Word
In an effort to better coordinate the editing of drafts, the following rules shall be adhered to.
Please check the website for a new version prior to editing the drafts.
- The format of all documents shall be Microsoft Word.
- The chapter chair retains the current version.
- Working members may download copies of the latest draft from the website or request a copy from the chapter chair.
- When changes are made to the draft, the working group member shall use the "Highlight Changes" function found under the "Tools" menu option in Microsoft Word. Select the Tools|Track Changes|Highlight Changes option. When the dialog box appears, turn on the "Track Changes While Editing" feature. Any changes made to the document will reflect the editors name, date, and time of change. Additions and deletions will be highlighted appropriately. Note: this function must be activated prior to making any changes to the document.
- Once all changes are made, save the document and e-mail it to the chapter chair.
- The chapter chair will in turn review the changes and accept or ignore the changes as appropriate.
- Once all changes have been completed, a new version of the draft will be posted on the website.