The statement of work for the optical link addition to the UPAMD project.

Dal,

It has been a long time in getting this to you and your SFF experts.

We ran into some troubles in looking at the current footprint and had to take some long steps to get it fixed.  I think what we have now is a good starting point for the work of looking at a optical interface.

Before you send this out to your committee, we should meet and talk about it, and tune it if needed.

George Riley is now the Chair of the MSC.  I finally retired from that job.

The Working Group draft for the UPAMD has now passed out of committee and is up next for Sponsor Ballot after editorial review.  There may still be time to get it to the IEEE standards board before the end of the year in the most optimistic scenario.  I do not believe this time line will affect any of the work to add the optical link interface.

The intent would be to incorporate the work of the SFF into an amendment to the UPAMD P1823 project as P1823A.

Respectfully;

Bob Davis

Chair UPAMD/P1823

bobd@xxxxxxxx