Re: An LOA draft addressing some but not all issues on the table at PatCom

Just a reminder that in the operation of committees like PatCom, it is a reasonable and widely used assumption that a lack of comments means agreement.

On February 8th, I posted a draft LOA which contained language dealing with a subset of the issues on PatCom's table.  To date, no one has raised any concerns.  We will interprete a continued lack of comments to be agreement.  Further, given the significant time that will have elapsed between the posting of this document and the March 27th PatCom meeting, the chair will not entertain discussion on this subject from guests at the meeting who have not thoroughly stated a position, including justification for that position, on the pp-dialog e-mail list.  I suppose you could say that this is my version of "speak now or forever hold your peace."

 Don Wright                      don@lexmark.com
                                 f.wright@ieee.org / f.wright@computer.org
 Director of Standards
 Lexmark International           Past Chair, IEEE SA Standards Board
 740 New Circle Rd               Chair, Patent Committee IEEE SASB
 Lexington, Ky 40550             Member-at-large, IEEE CS SAB
 859-825-4808 (phone)            Member, IEEE-ISTO Board of Directors
 603-963-8352 (fax)              Member, W3C Advisory Committee