Break Link and Remote Fault

Hi,

The LSS proposal was not initially accepted to be part
of draft D1.0. The opponents of this proposal felt that
this was too complicated a method for reporting Break
Link and Remote Fault. Since I've heard many times on
this reflector and in the meetings that, if a proposal
is going to be shot down a substitute should be made to
take its place, I'd like to request just such a substitute.

Another thing to remember. According to Jonathan's
schedule, this was the "last new proposals" meeting.
I'll be interested to hear proposals for break link
and remote fault reporting that do not include major
new ideas.

Thanks,
Ben Brown
P802.3ae Logic Track Chair