Motion P1788/M0053:CommonOperations -- discussion period begins

P-1788:

Since Motion 53 has been made by John Pryce and seconded
by Vincent Lefevre, the formal discussion period now begins.
The discussion period will continue until after October 25,
unless it is terminated earlier by consensus.

This motion is processed as a standard text motion.  That is,
we will be voting on the actual wording, and a 2/3 majority is
required for passage.  The motion may be changed during the
discussion period, but not during voting.  I have appended
the motion.  Please see the Motion 52 discussion
period announcement for the current draft standard, which includes
clause 6.

Juergen: Please record the status of this motion on the
           web page containing your list of motions and links
           to the actual motions.

Sincerely,

Ralph Baker Kearfott (acting chair)

Motion
1. The relation between flavors be as summarised in
items (i) to (iii) at the start of §7 "Flavors".

2. Clause 9 "Operations required in all flavors"
be accepted as standard text.

R. Baker Kearfott,    rbk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   (337) 482-5346 (fax)
(337) 482-5270 (work)                     (337) 993-1827 (home)
Department of Mathematics, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
(Room 217 Maxim D. Doucet Hall, 1403 Johnston Street)
Box 4-1010, Lafayette, LA 70504-1010, USA